The Electron is a tiny development kit for creating 3G cellular-connected electronics projects and products. It comes with a Particle SIM card with service in more than 100 countries worldwide, and includes 3 months of Particle's 1MB monthly data plan for IoT devices.
The Electron kit also includes Particle's development tools and cloud platform for managing and updating your new connected hardware.
The Electron is a GSM-only device, and does not support CDMA networks.
- STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
- 1MB Flash, 128K RAM
- Cellular modem: U-Blox SARA U-series (3G)
- 36 pins total: 28 GPIOs (D0-D13, A0-A13), plus TX/RX, 2 GNDs, VIN, VBAT, WKP, 3V3, RST
- Board dimensions: 2.0" x 0.8" x 0.3" (0.5" including headers)
- 3 months of Particle's 1MB monthly data plan (delivered by email)
- Particle Electron PCB
- Particle SIM Card
- Li-Po battery (2000mAh)
- USB cable
- Pinout reference card
- Components for a sample product
BASIC DATA CHARGES*:
- Particle's 1MB monthly data plan:
- 3 months included with kit
- $2.99/month for 1MB (thousands of messages)
- No contracts, cancel anytime
- $0.99/each additional MB