Trinket is a tiny microcontroller board, built around Atmel ATtiny85 IC, a little chip with a lot of power. Its a low cost, small size board, perfect for when you don't want to use your expensive development board,it's lowest-cost arduino-IDE programmable board.Its comes with 8K flash memory and has 5 GPIO pins, including analog inputs and PWM outputs. Its comes with USB bootloader, so you can plug it into any computer and reprogram it over a USB port just like an Arduino.
This is the 5V Trinket. There are two versions of the Trinket boards available , One is 3V and one is 5V. Both work the same, but have different operating logic voltages.The 3V version should only run at 8 MHz, whereas the 5V version can run at 8 MHz or at 16MHz by setting the software-set clock frequency. Even though you can program Trinket using the Arduino IDE, it's not a fully 100% Arduino-compatible.
- Trinket does not have a Serial port connection for debugging so the serial port monitor will not be able to send/receive data
- Some computers' USB v3 ports don't recognize the Trinket's bootloader. Simply use a USB v2 port or a USB hub in between
- Memory: 8K of flash, 512 byte of SRAM, 512 bytes of EEPROM
- Oscillator frequency: 8MHz @ 3V, 8Mhz @ 5V, 16Mhz @ 5V.
- Loaded with USB bootloader
- Micro-USB jack for power and/or USB data uploading
- Bootloader is rugged and foolproof, this board wont up and die on you in the middle of a project!
- Available memory: ~5.25K bytes for use (2.75K taken for the bootloader)
- Available in both 3V and 5V flavors
- On-board 3.3V or 5.0V power regulator with 150mA output capability and ultra-low dropout.
- Input Voltage: Up to 16V input
- Reverse-polarity protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Current-limit protection.
- Power with either USB or external output (such as a battery) - it'll automatically switch over
- On-board green power LED and red pin #1 LED
- Reset button for entering the bootloader or restarting the program.
- 5 GPIO - 2 shared with the USB interface. The 3 independent IO pins have 1 analog input and 2 PWM output as well. The 2 shared IO pins have 2 more analog inputs and one more PWM output.
- Hardware I2C / SPI capability for breakout & sensor interfacing.
- Works with many basic Arduino libraries including Adafruit Neopixel!
Documents and Downloads:
Content and Image from Adarfuit