The LM337 is an adjustable 3-terminal negative voltage regulators capable of supplying in excess-1.5A over an output-voltage range of -1.2 to -37V. They are exceptionally easy to use and require only two external resistors to set the output voltage. Further, both line and load regulation are better than standard fixed regulators. Also, LM337 regulators are supplied in standard transistor packages which are easily mounted and handled. In addition to higher performance than fixed regulators, the LM337 offer full overload protection available only in integrated circuits. Included on the chip are current limit, thermal overload protection and safe area compensation, making it essentially blow−out proof. All overload protection circuitry remains fully functional even if the adjustment terminal is disconnected.
The LM337 serves a wide variety of applications including local, on card regulation. This device can also be used to make a programmable output regulator, or by connecting a fixed resistor between the adjustment and output, the LM337 can be used as a precision current regulator.
- Input-to-output differential voltage:Min-3V/Max -40 V
- output current:1.5 A
- Number of Outputs: Single
- Output Type: Variable
- Output Voltage: -1.2V to -37V
- Line regulation: 0.04 % / V
- Load Regulation: 0.5 % / V
- Dropout Voltage (Max): 2.5 V @ 1A
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 150 C
- Minimum Operating Temperature: 0 C
- Mounting Style: Through Hole
- Package: TO-220
- PSRR / Ripple Rejection (Typ): 80 dB