The SCD30 from Sensirion is a high quality Nondispersive Infrared (NDIR) based CO₂ sensor capable of detecting 400 to 10000ppm with an accuracy of ±(30ppm+3%). In order to improve accuracy the SCD30 has temperature and humidity sensing built-in, as well as commands to set the current altitude. For additional accuracy the SCD30 also accepts ambient pressure readings!
We've written an Arduino library to make reading the CO₂, humidity, and temperature very easy. It can be downloaded through the Arduino Library manager: search for 'SparkFun SCD30' or it can be found in the Documents tab above.
Note: The SCD30 has an automatic self-calibration routine. Sensirion recommends 7 days of continuous readings with at least 1 hour a day of 'fresh air' for self-calibration to complete
- Power supply voltage: 3.3V - 5.5V
- NDIR CO2 sensor technology
- Integrated temperature and humidity sensor
- Best performance-to-price ratio
- Dual-channel detection for superior stability
- Small form factor: 35 mm x 23 mm x 7 mm
- Measurement range: 400 ppm – 10.000 ppm
- Accuracy: ±(30 ppm + 3%)
- Current consumption: 19 mA @ 1 meas. per 2 s.
- Energy consumption: 120 mJ @ 1 measurement
- Fully calibrated and linearized
- Digital interface UART or I2C