The Particle Boron is a LTE CAT-M1/NB1 enabled development board that allows you to connect your mesh network over a cellular service. With the Nordic nRF52840 SoC and two SARA cellular modules you have all the power of an ARM Cortex M4 with OpenThread mesh networking, LTE cellular connectivity, NFC, plenty of GPIOs, LiPo charging and more. The board is designed to act as a standalone cellular endpoint or an LTE enabled gateway for a Particle Mesh network.
This LTE IoT development kit from Particle includes the Boron LTE development board, a breadboard, a cellular flex antenna, and a USB cable. The starter project includes two resistors of 220Ω, one red LED, and one photodiode.
The Boron is also configured in the popular Feather footprint and so is compatible with Feather Shields! This includes a JST connector for a Li-po battery as well as charging of the battery over USB. Particle also provides an RGB status LED and a JTAG (SWD) connector for debugging and an onboard PCB antenna for your mesh network. You will need to connect a cellular antenna to the U.FL connector to use the cellular connectivity.
The Boron comes with access to the Device Cloud (10 free micro networks available) as well as three free months of device Cloud access using a cellular gateway. The Particle Could has some great features for building connected projects, including over-the-air firmware updates, and easy-to-use REST API, and firmware development supported by web and local IDEs.
- Boron LTE IoT Development Board
- Cellular Flex Antenna
- USB Cable
- 2x 220 Ohm Resistor
- 1x Red LED
- 1x Photodiode
- u-blox SARA-R410-02B LTE modem
- LTE CAT M1/NB1 module with global hardware support (MVNO support for US only)
- 3GPP Release 13 LTE Cat M1
- Cat M1/NB1 bands: 2,3,4,5,8,12,13,20,28
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoCOn-board additional 4MB SPI flash
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- IEEE 802.15.4 - 2006: 250Kbps
- Bluetooth 5: 2Mbps, 1Mbps, 500Kbps, 125Kbps
- Supports DSP insturctions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20dBm in 4dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6x Analog, 8x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- On-board PCB antenna for mesh network
- u.FL connectors for external antennas for mesh network, NFC, and cellular
- FCC, PTCRB certified. RoHS compliant
- On-board MFF2 Sim
- Nano Sim Holder